Raspberry Pi 4

2»

Comments

  • I wish Raspberry Pi 4 was backwards compatible with Raspberry 3b software. :(

  • @Cee123 said:
    I wish Raspberry Pi 4 was backwards compatible with Raspberry 3b software. :(

    This

  • Is there any development going on with Emteria? I am holding off on buying the personal license until a stable version of 3.8 (with the 7" display fix) comes out

  • Hi, anyone here knows if RPI4 support Android? If not what shall I do in order to have a Smart Magic Mirror with RPI4?
    Thanks

  • edited November 2019

    I just gave up on Android for Raspberry Pi. Android works better on the Odroid XU4 and Odroid N2.

    https://youtu.be/ZALvlOVTfKU

  • There is android 9 for raspberry pi 4. And it works surprisingly good. Offcourse SDcard r/w is the bottleneck, but still pretty usable. It was compiled by KonstaKANG

  • @Skrimo said:
    There is android 9 for raspberry pi 4. And it works surprisingly good. Offcourse SDcard r/w is the bottleneck, but still pretty usable. It was compiled by KonstaKANG

    Really? He compiled a version for Raspberry Pi 4? When did this happen? I'm definitely going to check it out. Thank you so much!

  • I believe it was on January 6th.

  • I tested it. It's not fast :(
    Tested on a 4gb model.
    Respect for the work that went into it tho.

  • You just simply cannot expect it to be fast, because of SDcard read/write speed on the raspberry is somewhat slow.

  • @BasicItStuff said:
    I tested it. It's not fast :(
    Tested on a 4gb model.
    Respect for the work that went into it tho.

    Yeah you're right. It's too slow, even on the Raspberry Pi 4. I think it still hasn't got the drivers for the Raspberry Pi 4. I'm not sure.

  • @Skrimo said:
    You just simply cannot expect it to be fast, because of SDcard read/write speed on the raspberry is somewhat slow.

    That's true. Also, you can get a much faster and more useable experience with Android on an Odroid board.

  • edited January 2020

    @Cee123 said:

    @Skrimo said:
    You just simply cannot expect it to be fast, because of SDcard read/write speed on the raspberry is somewhat slow.

    That's true. Also, you can get a much faster and more useable experience with Android on an Odroid board.

    Yes and on a lot of other boards, but this problem is storage related. It seems an sdcard slot will do about 23 to 24 MBps and that will not be enough. Running the os over USB 3 of an SSD would be an improvement but would involve rewiring everything I guess?

  • @kalkov said:
    Since we are developing Android 9 based on 4.19 kernel in the background anyways, this may be the first release for RPi4. However, there is no ETA yet, since many system components are not stable yet.

    Just bumping this as its been over a year

  • I need Emtertia OS for Pi 4 for too.
    I hope it comes in the near future.
  • There is a post somewhere on this forum about that. There working on it if I am correct. Hoping they will release the same time as raspberry pi CM4 for reasons
  • Anyone have any updates on this? the project i want to use Emteria for is a little too cumbersome for a Pi3, but a Pi4 runs it just fine... so, I am at a halt and/or looking for other (even paid) options... I guess the first solution i find gets my money! :)
  • We have released the first version of Android 9 for RPi 4 to several beta users and now incorporating their feedback. Once we have a stable, updatable version, we will make it public and decide whether we want to polish other features or switch to Android 11 instead.

  • will it boot from USB 3 port? I don't have SD card that I can use.

  • @jacob I don't think so. I would also in general recommend an SD card.

Sign In or Register to comment.