Device lost Activation without Changes being made

Hello,

I am running Emteria 1.3.0 on a Raspberry Pi Model 3B+. This device was activated and worked without problems. Now I started the Raspi after 2 month of doing nothing with it and it stated that it is not activated. When I try to activate it, nothing happens and it says "provided data invalid". The activation via code and account fails. Why?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards

Fred

Comments

• I am having the same issue. I have had 1.3.0 running since 2018 with any issues until today. My license is valid and I have tried activating it via the account and the activation code. None are working at this time
  • I just tried the reactivation and was successful. Looks like the issue is resolved at this time.
  • @gsfx @leneil71 Sorry, our authentication server had a hick-up on Wednesday and activation didn't work. I have no explanation why your devices were shown as not activated, but I'm on it.
  • edited February 2023

Hello,

Since yesterday I am facing the same problem again. The device meanwhile says that Emteria version 7.4.0 is installed. The device RasPi 3B+ is connected to Ethernet and WLAN. When I started the system yesterday it told me that the version of Emteria is a evaluation copy. So I had a look into the settings and it told me that the device is NOT activated. So I first tried to activate it with the code. Then I tried it via the Emteria account. Both ways did not work. When I log into my Emteria account I am not able to see my device until I set terminated in the filter. Then I can see it. But why? perhaps you can help me to get my RasPi 3B+ online again.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards

Fred :)

• I did all the same as you, as you'll maybe see from the thread I started today I have the same issue.

• Any update from emteria, this is getting pretty annoying.

• @simpz said:
    Any update from emteria, this is getting pretty annoying.

Nothing heard yet.

• Still broken. Emteria have you anything to say on this, it's been a while.

• Activating a device is only possible with an active subscription, but an already activated device on v7.4.0 should not deactivate / go back to evaluation mode.
    Can you send a bugreport? - https://emteria.com/kb/bug-reporting#reporting-bugs

For private use it's probably best to redeem the voucher for a starter subscription which covers three devices: https://emteria.com/kb/starter-subscription
    If you haven't received the voucher after registration send me a DM.

• edited March 2023

I have lost activation (on a previously working device) and I'm still unable to reactivate the device.
    I have a purchased subscription for this device that was working fine until a couple of weeks back, now it won't apply. It was purchased 20/12/2017, if I type this code in now it says "No suitable code for this device"

• Same thing happened to me. working device...licensed and suddenly says it's not activated. Re-entering the license information fails with a "error contacting server request was invalid" I even tried a clean install, same problem. As a paying customer, there must be a solution. even something simple like a new license number. This is ridiculous!

• I was messaged by Emteria directly who issued a new license. My bought license was described as being expired, as apparently a new device can't be activated after a year, and this is effectively a new device.

Why it deactivated is another question, that seems to have no current explanation.

This discussion has been closed.