Questions

Basically I'm just going to write some questions.

1. In the future would it be possible for people to up date the OS if they are using the evaluation version? What I mean by this is, people insert the SD card into a computer and update it from the installer?

2. I'm currently running v5.11, sometimes launcher crashes and apps crash instantly. Should I update to the latest os to stop crashes?

3. How do I over clock and change GPU split settings?

4. Is it possible (maybe in the future) to change RPI hardware setting from the os settings?

5. I'm using an 8gb SD card, is there a way to delete some preinstalled apps like contacts and music?

6. Decrease the resolution of the screen to make the OS run faster?

7. The keyboard is sometimes slow to pop up, is there a way to make it faster?

Comments

1. Probably not, but our goal is to lower prices for personal use, such that everybody can afford a license. You can already see the first step of our pricing campaign on our main page.

2. Probably yes. We have introduced a very important fix for both GPU memory and RAM, but I don't remember which version that was. If the launcher or other apps still crash, please report.

3. I believe it will have more negative effects than positive, so I wouldn't recommend you doing that.

4. Maybe. We already have some RPi-specific information in settings, so the set can grow. We are still thinking about the correct way of integrating own settings into files like config.txt, as they are replaced during an update. Please feel free to submit your ideas and suggestions.

5. Yes. You can simply delete them after remounting the system partition (e.g. from ADB, via the File Manager application or via the Terminal application)

6. Definitely yes. But my experience shows that it is difficult to find a good resolution for all kind of applications.

7. I haven't heard of this problem yet. Can you please provide more details and a way to reproduce it?

• For example, when I'm using an app like ES file explorer ( from gapps) and I click on the search bar the keyboard only comes up after 4secs or so. I have a feeling it might just be that the memory of the pi is nearly maxed out (550mb for Android, 80 mb or so for the app and a bit more for background processes.

Regarding to the keyboard, on browser I find that the keyboard does not pop up when the address bar is tapped, only pops up with the Google search bar.

Could you tell me how to delete the preinstalled apps? Do I just mount the system and find them in file manager? What about changing the screen res? Mine is at 1440 by 900 at 60hz

• edited June 2018

@Darkplatinum said:
    For example, when I'm using an app like ES file explorer ( from gapps) and I click on the search bar the keyboard only comes up after 4secs or so. I have a feeling it might just be that the memory of the pi is nearly maxed out (550mb for Android, 80 mb or so for the app and a bit more for background processes.

Regarding to the keyboard, on browser I find that the keyboard does not pop up when the address bar is tapped, only pops up with the Google search bar.

Could you tell me how to delete the preinstalled apps? Do I just mount the system and find them in file manager? What about changing the screen res? Mine is at 1440 by 900 at 60hz

Just found out I had to triple click the address bar for the keyboard. I'm not sure if this is possible but is there a way to pinch an apps screen with a mouse?