Therm-App application crashing

Hi guys. I am trying to use a Therm-App USB thermal camera with Emteria, but as soon as I click on the app, it crashes. I tried sending a bugreport but after a minute, its says bugreport submission failed. The USB camera is detected correctly because Android asks me if I want to use Therm-App as the default app. Can you please resolve this. Thanks

Comments

• We have received your bugreport. It looks like the application is broken - it tries to access a non-existing package. I'd suggest you contact the application developers and provide them this information:

I GrantPermissionsActivity: No package: null
    I GrantPermissionsActivity: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException
    I GrantPermissionsActivity:     at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getPackageInfoAsUser(ApplicationPackageManager.java:147)
    I GrantPermissionsActivity:     at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getPackageInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:132)
    I GrantPermissionsActivity:     at com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.GrantPermissionsActivity.getCallingPackageInfo(GrantPermissionsActivity.java:354)
    I GrantPermissionsActivity:     at com.android.packageinstaller.permission.ui.GrantPermissionsActivity.onCreate(GrantPermissionsActivity.java:103)
    I GrantPermissionsActivity:     at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6682)

• Thanks Kalkov. I will contact the developers. The app does work on a smartphone (Samsung Note 8). Is there something specific with Emteria and Raspberry pi that the developers of Therm-App should be aware of?

• Hi Kalkov. The developers off the app got back to me saying that they have tested on other Android 7.1 versions (and other versions as well) smartphones and did not encounter the same problem. They think it is related to Emteria. Have you been able to replicate the problem on your side? You do not need the thermal camera to replicate the problem, just opening the app crashes it. You help is much appreciated.

• @Akshay, I don't need to run the application myself. I believe you that it crashes as the exception log in my last post shows. However, I don't know how this application works and what exactly it requires to work properly. There are no useful messages printed except for "No package: null". Only application developers can tell you what that means.