Emteria on new Pi 3 A+ ??

Hi

Will Emteria work in its current state fine on the new Pi 3 A+ ? Will do the test by myself to check how it goes but some feedback would be appreciated about it ;)

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• For now it doesn't boot at all on my Pi 3 A+ (I know the board is working as it boots fine with the Noobs image). When I burn Emteria one, nothing happens at all (only red led on Pi goes on, no green blink at all !!).

• I think, model 3A+ has too small RAM for Android
  • 512mb of ram would also be my guess. It not wanting to boot is strange, I would expect a crash mid splash screen. I am still hoping the raspberry pi foundation will come to it's senses and make a pi zero with 4 cores and 1gb of ram :smiley:
  • @Vincèn , cool you have one already :smiley:
  • @Martin said:
    I think, model 3A+ has too small RAM for Android

Damn I thought Android could run on "small" hardware but after looking for minimum requirements of Android 7.1 (on which Emteria is based), 512Mb is definitively not enough but I would have at least expected a begin of boot and then crash or halt during booting process..

@BasicItStuff said:
    @Vincèn , cool you have one already :smiley:

Yep it's avalaible in store here in france since recently ;)

• I don't think there is a big future for Android running on a 3A+ (mainly because of low RAM). However, I would expect it to boot at least to the splash screen. Probably a 3A-specific device tree file is missing on the boot partition. You could try copying one from somewhere else (e.g. Raspbian) - I am curious :smile:

• @kalkov said:
    I don't think there is a big future for Android running on a 3A+ (mainly because of low RAM). However, I would expect it to boot at least to the splash screen. Probably a 3A-specific device tree file is missing on the boot partition. You could try copying one from somewhere else (e.g. Raspbian) - I am curious :smile:

Would be happy to try it but not sure how to do that :/ I searched on Internet but it looks to be same image for boot of both devices (none separate images specific to that device at least for Linux !!).

• Do you have a working Raspbian image for A+? You can mount the sdcard on your PC and post here the list of files (top level only).

• I really don't think the A+ is going to be stable enough to even use. Not enough ram and from I can tell no way to even create a swap file on the SD card.