Want to update 5.1

Hello, i currently have the 4.6 version and i tried updating to 5.1 via android. The system installer crashes after finding an update. I later find on this forum it is not possible to update via android on 4.6. Is there a way i can update without having to download the apps i got again? I really would like new updates because it improves the kernel, etc.

Thanks,
Darkplatinum

Comments

• Hi, automatic updating from 0.4.X is not possible. We have introduced the main base in 0.5.0, but it isn't fully tested yet. I'd recommend you to stay at 0.4.6 for now and wait until this feature is stable.

• @kalkov said:
    Hi, automatic updating from 0.4.X is not possible. We have introduced the main base in 0.5.0, but it isn't fully tested yet. I'd recommend you to stay at 0.4.6 for now and wait until this feature is stable.

Oops. Too late. I decided to go ahead and download the new image and wipe the old one. After redownloading it, I booted it up. Everything worked. When I got to the setup page, after choosing my language, the installer crashed. I rebooted it with CTRL+ALT+DEL. Now it's just stuck on please wait. What can I do? Should I just try reinstalling the image again and hope for the best?

• Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that. Although there are still several things we can improve, the setup shouldn't crash. You can try reinstalling (I can't explain the crash, so it probably won't happen again). But before you do, it would be great if you could extract the logs from /userdata/logs (if you have a linux machine and can mount the sdcard). If you don't have a linux PC, you can also create a full image of the sdcard (e.g with Win32DiskImager). It would help us to fix the problem in future.

• Your lucky :) I have a Linux machine... A raspberry pi! Where should I post it? Also I will do it tommorow as it is a bit late here. I will give you all the logs I have as I don't know which one it is because it rebooted once or twice to fix the hdmi and all that.

• It may have also crashed because I inserted the SD card into my rpi2 and tried booting it. It was stuck at the rainbow screen and that's when I realized I used the wrong pi.

• BTW: the path is /userdata/cache/logs (I forgot the "cache" in the last post - its also quite late here :smile:). You can either upload it somewhere and post a link here or just send it to our support (at) emteria.com. Whatever is easier for you. I'm mainly interested in logs from the last boot, where the SetupWizard stucks in "please wait".

• edited December 2017

Ok got the files. Uploading to mediafire.

• Dosen't want to upload, will send email

• edited December 2017

Dosen't want to upload to email now. Will transfer to usb and use a different computer later today. Don't think files can be uploaded from raspberry pi ;-;

• Thanks for your time. We should check this :)

• edited December 2017

Here is the link: https://github.com/darkplatinum/logs
    I hope you can do something with them as i spent a bit of time trying to get them to upload from my RPi :smile: If you need anything else please tell me as i will be wiping the SD in a couple of hours.

• Reinstalled new image. Everything working as before.

• @Darkplatinum, I really appreciate your time for pulling out the logs, but unfortunately, I can't find any errors / crashes there :disappointed:

• edited December 2017

@kalkov said:
    @Darkplatinum, I really appreciate your time for pulling out the logs, but unfortunately, I can't find any errors / crashes there :disappointed:

Bad luck mate. Maybe it glitched out for a sec and took to much CPU causing it to crash. Your applications is still good though. Everything is working as should be. :smiley: