Touchscreen

Hi,
is the os supporting any capazitiv Touchscreen or is there a possiblity to add such Drivers?

Comments

• emteria.OS supports a number of different touchscreens. If you need a specific kernel driver, please let us know which one.

• I have got an acer T2 touchscreen, which is constipated for Windows pc's. Does the os support this kind of touchscreen?

• We don't have this touchscreen here, so I can't test it for you. I'd suggest you simply try it out.

• I have the Dell S2340T multitouch touch screen. The display and multitouch features work flawlessly but I cannot get the integrated camera and microphone to function. Any ideas?

• @Dreamcatcher_DB1, Android is designed to support a fixed set of hardware by using device-specific HALs. It is very unlikely that (non-standard) hardware will just work out-of-the box. So the question is: how are they connected? USB webcams work with additional apps, so do USB microphones. Everything else will probably require dedicated drivers.

• @kalkov, thanks for the reply. Of course you were correct, the camera and microphone are showing up as USB and I was [somewhat] able to access them using a USB camera app. Actually, I tried 10 different apps all with less than hoped for results. Very frustrating; lots of crashing and freezing.

I'm beginning to wonder if the RPi is right for my project. While for the most part I am impressed by the EmteriaOS, from what I can tell the RPi doesn't seem powerful enough. Is there another Android-ready SBC that I should consider?