how to install android 7 on Raspbery Pi 3

I have downloaded emteria installer on my mac. Now how to proceed to get andorid 7 image and put it in my sdcard to load in raspbery pi. I don't see any documentation

Comments

• I was planning to use RTandroid. But it appears they shut down the site and recommending to use Emteria. But no real help on website on how to install android on reapbery pi.

1. Open the installer
    2. Log in with your Emteria account
    3. Select the right platform (Raspberry Pi 3 should already be selected)
    4. Select your SD-card
    5. Press installand wait for it to finish`

Your SD-card is now ready to use.

• Die einsatzbereite SD-Karte habe ich Raspi-3 eingelegt und anschließend den Raspi gestartet. Nach ein paar Zeilen auf dem Monitor sah ich nichts mehr, der Monitor war im Stromsparmodus. Wie zeigt sich ein guter Start?

The ready-to-use SD card I have Raspi-3 inserted and then started the Raspi. After a few lines on the monitor, I saw nothing more, the monitor was in power saving mode. How does a good start appear?

thanks sflaris

• Is it a touchscreen? If so, did you look after the powersupply? If you use it via USB and if you have other electric consumers plugged in you have to get sure wether the touch gets enough power.

• Ich habe das nur über HDMI angeschlossen. Gibt es Vorgaben, welche Auflösung der Monitor haben sollte/darf?

Wie leistungsfähig muss das Netzteil sein?

I only connected via HDMI. Are there specifications, which resolution the monitor should / may? How powerful does the power supply have to be?

thanks sflaris

• I don't know what kind of touch you have. So I am not able to answer the question about the power. And according to the resolution I have no idea. Mine is a 7" with a resolution of 1024 x 600. For that I need a power supply with almost 2.4A

• i don't use Touch-Display, only connect display over hdmi-cable. Is this not enough? i see load kernel, than is black

thanks sflaris

• In this case I have no idea, sorry.

• I am a newbie and I found that a video on youtube that offers step by step it is easy to follow.https://goo.gl/VruRXK

@SanderK said:
    1. Open the installer
    2. Log in with your Emteria account
    3. Select the right platform (Raspberry Pi 3 should already be selected)
    4. Select your SD-card
    5. Press installand wait for it to finish`

Your SD-card is now ready to use.

• @sflaris said:
    i don't use Touch-Display, only connect display over hdmi-cable. Is this not enough? i see load kernel, than is black

thanks sflaris

Same here, I prepared the SD with the installer for macOS, boot up the raspberry and see the kernel loading, then everything is black, i don't see the Emteria logo either.

Any tip? Thanks!

• @steponch, what kind of display are you using?

• Okay, I had a problem with the install. Got to a certain point and crashed. I tried 5 different SD cards, no luck. Swap wireless keyboard/mouse to hardwired USB, no luck. The only item to change was the monitor, and VOILA!!! I tried to install on several monitors and it crashed, expect one type... A Monitor without build-in Speakers!!!

This may be the answer to several failed installs...

• @sidefield, thanks for sharing. Your monitor has to support the default resolution. Otherwise you can just set whatever you like manually: https://help.emteria.com/kb/devices-rpi-3#custom-screen-resolution

This discussion has been closed.