resolution...why it changes without config modifications?

Hi. I'm a novice. I'm using the free version of emteria on my raspberry pi3 without modifications of the config.txt. I've only installed gapps and two apps that I was interested in (one of them is rotation control). Yesterday I used it on a 32" screen but resolution was 1280 x 720dpi. I was able to rotate the image with rotation control and all was ok. Except for resolution.. so plans for today were modifing config.txt to try resolutions... BUT TODAY when i came here, after boot, resolution magically is 1920x1080. WOW, what a great gift! the problem is that now "home" doesn't work (circle in the middle) and also the "square" doesn't. Only back (the triangle) works fine. Also ethernet seems working bad.. If i try to install an app, download doesn't start... After a few reboots, resolution changed again in 1280x720.... but problems remains...What happened? any suggestions? THX!!

Comments

• update: after shut down, unplugged and plugged in now ethernet is ok. I can browse the internet but google apps doesn't download apps.. i've tried to download youtube apps and other but nothing. Yesterday it worked... resolution always 1280x720.. home and "square button" not working....

• emteria.OS detects the resolution automatically during the boot. If you change the connected screen, the resolution might also change. Depending on the order in which you try which screen, the system may fail to "reset" the old resolution and you will get such strange behavior. If you want to set your resolution yourself, refer to this thread: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/99/emteria-android-on-rasppi3-with-makibes-7-1024x600-screen#latest

In 0.5.3, we have added a new setting for screen rotation: Settings -> Emteria Settings -> Screen Rotation.

• edited January 2018

update 2: a cache refresh from recovery mode solved problems of gapps and home and square buttons ! olè olè.
    so the problem now is only resolution again.. BUT THANK YOU KALKOV! I've noticed 0.5.3.version now. I'll update immediately. thanks

• hi. i'm trying version 0.5.3 , screen rotation. Screen rotates but when I return to the "desktop" it returns in the original positions. If I open the launcher it opens in the position i selected, but desktop is alwais in the original one.

• What screen are you using?

• it's a 32" philips tv hdmi

• Did you change the default resolution? There are different profiles for different resolutions. I'm not sure if the launcher rotation is locked in one of them. Do you have a possibility to test it with a smaller screen / standard resolution?

• I can't understand how edit config.txt yet, so resolution is setted to the original parameters of a fresh installation v.0.5.3. I've tested it on a samsung 23". Monitor is 1920 x 1080 but raspberry automatically sets to 1280x720 and the problem with screen rotation is always the same. I've tried with 90 180 and 270° rotations. More precisely, desktop and launcher are always at 0°. all other windows (es settings, galleries, file manager etc..) are rotated by parameter selected.

• So if you didn't change the resolution yourself, everything should be fine. However, I can't explain than why it doesn't rotate the launcher. It works just fine on my device: https://streamable.com/molt3

• now working after a wipe in recovery mode

• Do you use Linux or Windows to install the platform?

• What kind of screen is it in your video?

• hi. it was a SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER XL2370HD

• Please try 0.5.5 and check in Settings -> Emteria which resolution is effectively set.

• version 0.5.5, samsung xl2310HD rotation now is ok. Resolution: 1280x720 (enforced)
    version 0.5.5, PHILIPS q-line 43" BDL4330QL rotation ok. Resolution: 1280x720 (enforced)

• edited January 2018

good evening! update..
    I modified config.txt forcing 1920x1080 60 resolution. now it's ok.
    i noticed that now I can't set rotation at 270° by emteria settings menu.. so I insert rotation line =3 in config.txt Display rotation is ok but my tiny shiny raspberry slows down down down.... unusable at all... even the mouse is moving hardly..
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm simply asking too much to the raspberry?

• update: 1280x800 it runs ok. i've always to set rotation by config.txt but it's ok.

• edited February 2018

hi. Unfortunally a strange issue here. I'm testing different resolutions by modifing config.txt according to the supported screen resolutions. Yesterday i tested 1920x1080 60hz and display_rotate=3. very slow but it was ok. 1440x900 60hz worked fine. Today after some other resolution tests, i can't control rotation anymore.. at resolutions 1920x1080, 1440x900, 1366x768.. sometimes "display_rotate=3" works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't understand what is changed. Last time I solved with a reset in recovery mode. But this deleted all applications installed. Is there another way to free cache or something similar I could try, without deleting apps? THX!

• Please read the updated tutorial about custom resolutions here: https://help.emteria.com/kb/devices-rpi-3#custom-screen-resolution

We will also introduce a new way of defining a resolution before installation in a couple of month (requires some deep changes), so it will be set automatically after updates.

There is no other way of "resetting". You may want to use a clean installation and try again. BTW: there shouldn't be any changes to the emteria settings menu regardless of your current configuration. If you find a resolution which breaks our settings, please let me know and we will fix it in the next release.