Raspberry Pi 3 with Official 7" LCD Display using Version 0.5.3

I have tried to install this version as well and it was not successful. I am going to try and buy a brand new SDCARD.

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that. I'll create a full image for Win32DiskImager next week and let you try it. But I can't imagine the cause to be our installer. We need to get the logs to know more. If you can't send us a video, you can try uploading it to a some streaming service and posting a link here.

• You don't need anything except a screen to boot the system. I'd suggest you disconnect all external devices (USB, Ethernet, whatever) and boot it just with HDMI monitor connected.

• A full image sounds great. I'll try the HDMI.

• I had another SDCARD and I did use the HDMI cable to my PC monitor. Still badness. One thing I noticed in the output is that there was a reference to bcm2836_arm_irqchip_handle_irq (because it was throwing exceptions on all cores). And the Hardware name was BCM2835. So my question is do I have a compatible RPi3? I'll try and get snap shots of the screens on here later. I have to run to hospital.

• Can you make a close-up picture of your raspberry board?

• Well, your board should be fine. Its the same revision I have. But kernel panic won't be fixed by using a full image. We need to find out why it is crashing. It looks like there is a race condition in the kernel, which isn't happening on our devices. Any chance you can post an intermediate screenshot with kernel output before 2.08? There might be the crash reason.

• i'll try make a video

• https://app.box.com/s/avue9hyyg7n6uiqnhe52hhni763g11fz

This is the best I could do. I don't see any info before 2.08.

• same here, after the kernel, it's just restarting itself, i'll make a video when i come home

• Thanks Ivan. I thought I was the only one!

• @ChrisSparks said:
    Thanks Ivan. I thought I was the only one!

try different switching adapters with 5.1v / 2.5a maybe the volts can't reach the power going to the screen after starting the kernel. make sure that the connecting pins are correct and not loose.

• i used the official rpi3 switching adapters and works fine now after i flash the latest version of Emteria. the one that i used before is below 5.1v maybe this is cause of the problem, you should give it a shot and let me know.

• My double USB adapter says 5.2V at 3.1A. One is for the LCD and one is for the Pi. I don't have any issues using Raspbian.

• please use switching adapter of rpi 3, rpi3 should give 5v power to screen. i only have 1 adapter plug on the socket. what is the specific model of you official raspberry screen?

• I don't know what this switching adapter is but I am pretty sure I am using what came with my RPi3

• Been away for a few days because I got a virus on my PC and it forced me to rebuild it from the ground up (software).

• @ChrisSparks, I've sent you a private message with some clarifying questions.

• I responded to you a few mins ago