Raspberry pi3 7" screen problem

Hi, im really new at this. So i got my raspberry pi3 and some screen (Lanzco 7") not the oficial but recomended at Amazon. I successfully installed Emteria and all this on my 55" screen but when i try to use it on the 7" screen is like zoomed in. I know thats because is not switching rhe resolution to (800x480) but when i changed the numbers at (root/config.text) after saving the changes reboot the raspberry and then it died lol. I had to format the SD card and start all over. I seen other people changing the numbers too but i don't get what im doing wrong. Thank you for your help

Comments

• edited April 2018

Well i already tried that but my raspberry pi 3 stopped working after rebooting the system. I had to format the SD memory and start all over and im back at the same spot where i started lol

• edited April 2018

thanks forum

• Well, there is nothing else I can add. We have used those steps for every single touchscreen we have ever configured to use with emteria.OS. You need to provide us more details. For now I can't find any information about this screen.

• I provided you with most of the info i can pull im following every tutorial on internet editing system.txt and well its being the same it works with no change on the screen and at some point just won't even turn on anymore. I think is something wrong with empeteria cuz the resolution of 1200x600 its set to be there and not change... i can provide any data you ask for