Emteria OS Installer Breaking Internal and External Card Readers After Failed Write?

Running into inoperable problem, purchased an emteria license to set up a rpi 3+ to play music for my 82 year old grandfather, in about 20 hours in so far, no less than 3 (three) windows 7 pc's bricked and unable to use any card reader (at all) after running emteria os installer. Internal card readers no longer work on any of the pc's (all 3 had working internal card readers before starting), as well as 2 external card readers tried on the sames pc's (in usb 2.0 and 3.0 on each computer) with sandisk and PNY microsd cards. Not sure what - but something is wrong with the software on win7 64 bit. Failed to write anything at all, spitting out errors on write time and the pc's card readers no longer work even when the card reader's firmware is reflashed, device disabled, uninstalled and reinstalled in device manager - still yields a yellow exclamation point even after removal of the card, reboot, and reformatting with the sd association tool, followed by driver reinstall and reboot? After this message, all the card readers on all the computers cease to function. Device manager shows "Error Code 10 - Failed To Start" on all 3 computers, on all internal and external card readers no longer function even when disabled uninstalled and reinstalled...Is anyone else having their win7 pc's SD capability destroyed like this, or is it just an black swan common to my 3 pc's? I can't believe that that is possible - statistically speaking - but It is going to take a long while for me to reformat 3 pc's, so I am hoping someone else has worked out a way to fix card reader capability either on internal card readers, external, or both. As far as I know, its done something to windows - because the card readers micro sd cards and adapters all work fine on any machine which has not run the Emteria Installer. Need some level 3 IT help out here - we are being overrun. haha.

Comments

• Update: Apparently, after running installer, windows will not automatically assign drive letters to inserted cards, windows disk management must be manually run and a drive letter manually assigned to the cards/readers. Unsure of why this is, but it is a work around to restore SD capability.

This discussion has been closed.