Direct download links

edited November 2018 in OS installer

Wow very nice forum where when someone answers you you can't answer :(
I asked in an other thread direct link instead of the non working Installer you supply (link supplied allowed me to avoid the Wayland issue with it but then I can't type my credentials in it as it just displays garbage !!).! Why is it so complicated to supply such links for direct download instead of being obliged to use an app that is just buggy.....

Vincèn

Comments

• You cannot answer because I have closed the old discussion - the topic was a duplicate. We don't provide direct download links as explained here: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/comment/1549/#Comment_1549

• Thanks for explanations unless it's still very disappointing ! So how can I create my bootable media with your app that don't respect my keyboard layout and you can't even copy/paste login/pass !! Why such boring process to just create a bootable image ? that's really so much pain in the ass just to create bootable media :neutral:

• Prebuilt ISO images may impose legal implications for commercial products. Technically, it would be way easier to provide you a ready-to-flash ISO, but we have to comply with different laws in different countries and providing an own installer is the only way we can do it so far.

Yes, our installer still has some drawbacks and we will be happy to fix it as soon as possible. However, releasing a single ISO file isn't planned for now.

• @kalkov said:
    Prebuilt ISO images may impose legal implications for commercial products. Technically, it would be way easier to provide you a ready-to-flash ISO, but we have to comply with different laws in different countries and providing an own installer is the only way we can do it so far.

little confused by that but ok, so how can I create my bootable media ? if I can't login in installer ??

• @Vincèn said:
    little confused by that but ok, so how can I create my bootable media ? if I can't login in installer ??

What country do you live in ?

• @Vincèn BTW don't run the installer as ROOT instead run it with this format.......

sudo -E

• @sgrayban said:
    What country do you live in ?

France/Switzerland why ?

@sgrayban said:
    @Vincèn BTW don't run the installer as ROOT instead run it with this format......
    sudo -E

yep did it here with sudo -H ;)

• Use -E not -H

• @sgrayban said:
    Use -E not -H

Well didn't make any difference here out of fact that the installer is very buggy piece of software :(

• Use windows then

• @sgrayban said:
    Use windows then

love it, your suggestion is to use Windows ? too funny :D

• It's a option you haven't tried yet so don't get snippy with me.

• @sgrayban said:
    It's a option you haven't tried yet so don't get snippy with me.

héhé I think there is a misunderstanding here !! I have been able to install Emteria on my SD card (in fact running on a PI since 3 days already pretty well) with the Linux installer once avoided all bugs of it :D

• Ok so your issue is that you can't install the image onto the sdcard for whatever reason via linux.

So since that's no longer a option trying it on a windows box might work. No ?

• @sgrayban said:
    Ok so your issue is that you can't install the image onto the sdcard for whatever reason via linux.

Yep it was bus I finally succeeded with the -E or -H option for sudo and changing emteria password to something basic as that crap installer doesn't even respect local variables and understand only qwerty :( Emteria should really make an effort on that installer to make it more compatible and efficient :D

So since that's no longer a option trying it on a windows box might work. No ?

Yep I guess so but didn't need it hopefully having solved the problem with the Linux version of the installer !

• ok so all is good now ?

• @sgrayban said:
    ok so all is good now ?

yep and next time I need to (re)install Emteria I'll know what to do :D

Thanks

• @kalkov you can close this thread now

This discussion has been closed.