Touchscreen Waveshare 10.1 Inch

I cant get the executable to run ... im using https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/10.1inch_HDMI_LCD#Method_1._Driver_installation ... the method there to install the touch controls (LCD-show) but i cant make the executable to run ... any idea how to get touchscreen to work

Comments

• I have actually the same problem.
    So I hope somone could help

• I also have a Waveshare 10.1 inch touchscreen.
    In my case it was just plug and play. You have to be sure, that the USB-Connector is connected to the RPi. Are you sure that you have a touchscreen?

• Hey yes im sure i have touchscreen since it works on Ubuntu Mate.I am connected using USB and it still doesnt work. Did you install any drivers before to make it work?

• Hey Danith,
    I didn't install any driver. Just plug'n'play. What kind of PC are u using?
    Does the Touch get enough power?

• Yes the screen gets enough power(since it works perfectly on ubuntu mate) .. is your touch screen USB or GPIO pins connected ? I dont understand how it will work as plug'n'play when there is no software to read its touch input variables

• edited November 2017

My Touch is connected via USB.
    With Raspbian I had to adjust the config.txt. But that was just because of the Display (usb_max_current=1)
    With EmteriaOS, I didn´t adjust or install anything.
    Did you activate the touch-option in the Android settings?

• edited November 2017

what touch option ?

• I thought there was an option to activate the touchscreen. But I was mistaken. Sry

• edited November 2017

is the touchscreen works on android?

• Yes, in my case it is working.

• edited November 2017

i have the same issue now. touchscreen is not working on my waveshare 10.1
    https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/10.1inch_HDMI_LCD_(H)_(with_case)

• Hello David, may i know what is the model of your RPI and Waveshare?
    i have RPI3 Model B+ and Waveshare 10.1 H (with case)

• any updates from this? i'm losing hope :(

• We will order this screen in the beginning of next year and do some tests.

• @kalkov said:
    We will order this screen in the beginning of next year and do some tests.

Thank you very much.

• @IvanNuestro
    sorry I wad wrong. I have an 7" screen rev.2.1

• You have one that supports USB touch anyways, mine is not USB Touch

• @David said:
    @IvanNuestro
    sorry I wad wrong. I have an 7" screen rev.2.1

is that a waveshare 7'' or the official rpi touchscreen 7'' ?

• Yes, it is a Waveshare.

• We will order a waveshare 10.1 touchscreen and test it. Stay tuned!

• please help I need that touchscreen working , thanks :)

• dmesg sees the input board it seems a kernel modules problem

• @xevilstar, if you know which module is used for this screen, please let us know.

• @kalkov , do have the item now? will test it immediately if there's a new update.

• sad, i can't make it for tomorrow's project presentation.

• found a driver project might be of some help for the devs . please include it in emteria
    https://github.com/shusain93/WaveshareAndroidDisplayDriver
    please tell me where should I place the bin and how can I compile it

• @xevilstar, this driver is only for 7" screens, which are already working fine without additional drivers (I have one at home). This discussion was about an 10.1" screen, which doesn't seem to work.

@IvanNuestro, we did purchase one 10.1" touchscreen, but our hardware supplier sent us a different screen (not Waveshare), so we have to other another one next time. Sorry.

• @IvanNuestro, we did purchase one 10.1" touchscreen, but our hardware supplier sent us a different screen (not Waveshare), so we have to other another one next time. Sorry.

oh i see, it's okay.. i'm using the official rpi3 touchscreen now, i'll just wait for the waveshare 10.1 touch. Thanks :)

• I'll be waiting for the waveshare since I cannot afford another

• I have one of the waveshare (or clone) 3.5" screens but I haven't been able to get it working with any android image since the LCD-show drivers seem to need normal linux based filesystem and sudo in order to install itself.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make these screens work on android images?

• There are no updates yet. Since we could get a 10.1" screen with our last order, we will try again in March or April.

• I am still following this waiting for a solution :)

• Hello everyone
    I do not speak English very well so sorry
    I also use this screen but I have no problem of touch screen but only of screen resolution. Is there a configuration to do.
    I did it for raspbian stretching and it works fine.
    Thank you in advance if you have an answer

• the 10.1 usb touchscreen still works only under raspbian I need it to work with emteria. is a fix available ?

• No updates yet, sorry.

• Nice
    Work now

• @Danith, @Kaum, @IvanNuestro, @xevilstar:
    Good news, you guys: we have now a Waveshare 10,1" HDMI (B) and it works just fine out-of-the-box. No further configuration needed. I have updated the list of our supported screens.

• Good News,
    but the 10.1inch HDMI LCD (H) doesn't work.

It works on any Linux, Windows perfect, but not with Emteria
    The System recognized it as a HID conform Mousedevice thats all. :(

• @ender said:
    Good News,
    but the 10.1inch HDMI LCD (H) doesn't work.

It works on any Linux, Windows perfect, but not with Emteria
    The System recognized it as a HID conform Mousedevice thats all. :(

please help

• Please provide more details about what "doesn't work" means. No picture at all? No touch? What does the kernel say about the HID device?

• "doesn't work" means the Click. I have tested via getevent. The Positions are recognized, but without the Click the System doesn't react

• Sorry, you have to go into detail, as I am no expert in Linux HID. If you say getevent works, shouldn't the kernel be able to forward it to Android as it does with other screens? Or is a special driver needed?

• I am also no expert. I read in much Forums about Problems with touchscreens, so i could try some things. With 'adb shell getevent ' i find out that the moves of the touch are recognized, only the tip/click doesn't. Without the tip/click there is no possibility to select /move anything. Don't no if there is special driver needed.