No Drives Detected

When running the Emteria installer on my Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 I make it to step "3: Drive" and then I cannot get past the "No drives detected" message. When I click on Refresh, the following error appears in the terminal screen where I'm running the installer

Refreshing drives
Found  0  drives
qrc:/main.qml:42: TypeError: Cannot read property 'identifier' of undefined

If I run the installer on Linux Mint via VirtualBox on the same Mac, I get the same error, which really confuses me.

Here is the entire terminal log:

$ sudo /Applications/installer.app/Contents/MacOS/installer 
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:260:18 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::isDevelopmentMode
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:236:30 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::canRestart
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:229:31 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::restartHint
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:222:30 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::hasRestartHint
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:215:27 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::superuserMessage
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:197:22 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::isSuperuser
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/LoginForm.qml:131:21 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    ImageAdapter::defaultImageLocation
file:///Applications/installer.app/Contents/Resources/qml/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:210:25: QML ListView: Binding loop detected for property "model"
QQmlExpression: Expression qrc:/main.qml:61:22 depends on non-NOTIFYable properties:
    PlatformAdapter::isSuperuser
qrc:/main.qml:219:17: QML Rectangle: Binding loop detected for property "width"
qrc:/main.qml:219:17: QML Rectangle: Binding loop detected for property "height"
QIODevice::write (QFile, "/var/root/Library/Application Support/Emteria/Installer/email"): device not open
Refreshing drives
Found  0  drives
Refreshing drives
Found  0  drives

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• How is your drive connected? Is it recognized by the kernel/other software?
    Those messages in the console are just warnings - I get them too, but all connected sdcards are still listed correctly.

• The SD Card is connected via a USB adaptor and is recognized by the Mac's system and by applications, including Etcher, as available. Thank you for the tip, I'll try a different connection method.

• edited October 2017

Success!! I tried it on my daughter's Mac that has an SD card reader and the installer recognized the card :smile: I'm in step "4 Flash" and downloading files now, we'll see what happens... Thank you @kalkov for the help.

Also, had to try three times for step 4 to actually work. The first two times the download step took about a second and I then got a "Could not find package.json" error. package.json existed but was of zero size. Maybe an network issue... Third time the download and flashing worked.