rpi3b+ and 7" screen only shows console

just tried to install v1.0.0 for a rpi3b+ and the official 7" screen. The problem is that the touch screen only shows the text console output. The emteria logo etc. are only shown over the hdmi output. how can this be changed?

Comments

  • Did you connect a HDMI screen during installation and used the 7 inch afterwords?

  • edited December 2019

    I ran into the same problem as OP. I thought they fixed it but I guess not (which is why I am still using 0.7.1).

    @BasicItStuff said:
    Did you connect a HDMI screen during installation and used the 7 inch afterwords?

    Does it work if HDMI is connected during installation?
    edit: HDMI shows the OS but 7" display continues to show console.

    Please fix this devs! This is the main feature stopping me from buying a license!

  • @BasicItStuff said:
    Did you connect a HDMI screen during installation and used the 7 inch afterwords?

    even after the installation the 7" inch display continues to show only the text console output and nothing more. even if hdmi is unplugged.

  • The os detects HDMI and chooses that as it's main output for display. It won't check after a reboot. I don't have that much experience but I would try a new install to SD card and not plug in the HDMI during boot, just the 7 inch pi screen

  • @BasicItStuff said:
    The os detects HDMI and chooses that as it's main output for display. It won't check after a reboot. I don't have that much experience but I would try a new install to SD card and not plug in the HDMI during boot, just the 7 inch pi screen

    I did that on the first installed and thought the image was broken because nothing was happening on the touch display. then I plugged in hdmi and realised that the UI was displayed only there.

  • Well, how do we go from here? I would like to buy and use this product which is advertised to work with the 7" touch screen...

  • Is 1.0 still beta? Could you use an older version of Emteria?

  • @BasicItStuff said:
    Is 1.0 still beta? Could you use an older version of Emteria?

    I think its in the nature of a versioning scheme to assume that 1.0 is a "stable" release...
    are the developers or someone from the company reading this forum?

  • From time to time the developers respond.

    Did you try an older version? I agree 1.0 is not a good version number for something that is not stable 😉. Pretty strange that the official raspberry pi 7inch touch screen is not working, I think it's on the support hardware list?

  • @BasicItStuff said:
    I think it's on the support hardware list?

    yes it is. also it displays something and the touch is working... it just displays the "wrong" output (the wrong "console session")
    I will try an older version but the problem seems just to be a small oversight.

  • same thing with 0.9.0 (the only other version I can select via the emteria installer) 7" touch only displays text and the android gui is only visible via HDMI

  • I wrote them directly and it is a bug with 3b+ and version above 0.7.1.
    its working now with 1.0.0 and a rpi 3b (no plus)

  • Cool, thanks for sharing. This will definitely help people

  • @tobiasp said:

    @BasicItStuff said:
    I think it's on the support hardware list?

    yes it is. also it displays something and the touch is working... it just displays the "wrong" output (the wrong "console session")
    I will try an older version but the problem seems just to be a small oversight.

    I can confirm I have seen this same behavior on my 3B+

Sign In or Register to comment.