android camera app showing green screen

I am trying to run a camera app (made with Unity3D) on RPI3B+(Emteria OS installed). App is showing green screen when camera is turned ON. Pre-installed camera app of Emteria OS is running very well. So what could be the issue with my custom unity camera app? Is there any changes I need to make to my custom app? what is the reason behind green screen?

Comments

• We did not change the standard camera application. Check https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Camera2/+/refs/tags/android-7.1.2_r39 for reference.

• edited July 2023

I am getting the same issue with my custom flutter app. I am trying to do webrtc which uses the camera. I added camera permissions in manifest files, but still getting green screen as the camera output. The default camera app works fine. Any resolution here @Paras ?

• to round out here, I believe that video capture is not supported even with today's release of Emteria's Android 13. Multimedia is core to mobile, so I am unsure why there has been no HAL to utilize rpi's hardware encoded camera.

I found that camera preview and capture is different from video capture. While the former is supported, the latter requires work from Emteria's end, which hopefully they get to by the end of the decade?

• "The Android camera app is having a continual green screen problem. tried troubleshooting, but thus far without success. Any recommendations or improvements would be highly valued.

• edited September 2023

@jessy98 said:
    "The Android camera app is having a continual green screen problem. tried troubleshooting, but thus far without success. Any recommendations or improvements would be highly valued.

• A green screen issue in an Android camera app may result from software glitches or compatibility problems. Try updating the app, OS, or checking for third-party conflicts to resolve them.

• @jessy98 said:

@jessy98 said:
    "The Android camera app is having a continual green screen problem. tried troubleshooting, but thus far without success. Any recommendations or improvements would be highly valued.

thank you for sharing. B)

• I'm having trouble with the Android camera app while using a green screen. tried troubleshooting, but thus far without success. It would be extremely appreciated if you could offer any ideas or fixes. :)