Screen saver not working !!

Hik

Fresh install of Emteria 0.5.21 on PI 3B+ with 7" touch screen connected to it im HDMI. I setup Screen Saver as Clock and 5 minutes but it never goes in Screen Saver mode !! Why ??

Thanks

Vincèn

Comments

• Maybe check in the developer setting, it's an Android feature to not go to sleep while charging, so it's always charging :wink:
  • @BasicItStuff said:
    Maybe check in the developer setting, it's an Android feature to not go to sleep while charging, so it's always charging :wink:

Euh I'm speaking about screen saver (screen that goes black and back display off) not sleep !!

• Display won't go off, If it's off there is no way to register you touching it and it knowing it needs to go on, well I think that would be a problem
  • @BasicItStuff said:
    Display won't go off, If it's off there is no way to register you touching it and it knowing it needs to go on, well I think that would be a problem

Well not display completely off but at least backlight off or screen completely black so you can't see anything on it when not used. In that case just touching the screen would just put back screen in "normal" mode ?

• I am unsure if the current hardware would support this? My screen has an on off switch for the backlight.
  • @BasicItStuff said:
    I am unsure if the current hardware would support this? My screen has an on off switch for the backlight.

yep seems complicated to handle but why Android screensaver is not working ? as screensaver is just changing image displayed no ?

• Android screen saver seems to be activated only if the device enters a sleep mode (https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2818748?hl=en). We will check if there is a good way of testing it.

• @kalkov said:
    Android screen saver seems to be activated only if the device enters a sleep mode (https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2818748?hl=en). We will check if there is a good way of testing it.

Thanks for clarification and yep it would be nice to have a solution to be able to use at least the screensaver ;)