edited March 2019 in Supported devices

I am using OutLoud social jukebox as a host jukebox on an iPad and android raspberry pi with touchscreen with outloud as a touch jukebox for my customers. But outloud uses location to find the host playlist and the raspberry won’t find the location. Any thoughts on how to get my raspberry in the “same” room? I am on same WiFi on both devices.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2019

How would like to detect the location? GPS? IP?

• Should it not come thru The wifi?
    I dont have GPS module or anything. Just wifi And Bluetooth.

• edited March 2019

I don't use that app so i dunno what do you mean by in the "same" room.
    Even if you use GPS module it won't work indoor.

Edit: Which Emteria version do you use?
    Is it below v0.61?
    I tested the app, it doesn't work with microG.
    It says there is no internet connection.

By the way, you can host a playlist on Ipad as you're doing and ask your customers to access it through the webpage which was created during setup.

• I will try the newer emteria. I’m using Pico packet. I know customers can download the app and webapp, but I made a 32” touchscreen tv just for this purpose so I kind of want it to work :-)

• edited March 2019

@michael said:
    I will try the newer emteria. I’m using Pico packet. I know customers can download the app and webapp, but I made a 32” touchscreen tv just for this purpose so I kind of want it to work :-)

I tested it with Emteria latest version already ... as i wrote it didn't work with microG
    It says there is no internet connection.
    The app needs Google Play Services to work that's why it works with GApps(Pico Package).
    On Emteria Google Play Services can find your location if you used a GPS module only, it won't determine your location by using Wifi ... that's the problem which needs to be fixed.
    You can ask @Kalkov to make it work with microG however i think it will probably require an additional work :)

• Looks like the mocklation app keeps me located without shutting down. 4 hours and running. Hopefully solved :-)