Can I change my license to another device?

edited June 2019 in Supported devices

I have a question, if I enter my license in a raspberry x and for some reason this is damaged at some point, is it possible to change my license to another new device without losing the purchase of the license?

Comments

• There is no technical way to transfer a license. Otherwise you could use it to activate many devices and use all of them offline, so nobody will ever know.

• edited June 2019

My question is if the raspberry or sd card deteriorates, can I install it again in other devices without losing the license?, leaving active a single device with the license.

• @kalkov said:
    There is no technical way to transfer a license. Otherwise you could use it to activate many devices and use all of them offline, so nobody will ever know.

What I mean is that if a raspberry deteriorates, can I work with that same license by changing the sd card to another raspberry?

• No, you will need a new license the same way you will need a new hardware.

• Wow, isnt good...

• I am excessively using my Pi for over 3 years now and it still works great. You can always contact our sales team and describe your situation, if you have enough budget to purchase new hardware, but not new software.

• edited June 2019

Earn money for SW is very good idea, but on the issue here really is, for example I bought 8GB flash drive that I install emteria, and if I decide to bring the licences to a new one because lack of space on this tiny hard drive to a bigger one like 64GB or because it deteriorates then it is not very fair to buy new license for that issue, isn't it?
    By the way I think emteria is very good platform. Best regards to the creators!

• You can switch flash drives / sdcards as many times as you wish. You just can't put it into a different Pi.

• Just make an 'image' of the flash drive before you put into the Raspi. When the flash dies, just put the image on a new flash drive and put it in the same Raspi