A safe power button for Emteria

edited October 2019 in User projects

Hi everyone,

I would like to share something: If you are looking for a power button for your Emteria.OS-based project you might be interested in the PowerBlock. I have finished the work on the Emteria.OS service to make it work with this great Android OS distribution and the Raspberry Pi: https://blog.petrockblock.com/2019/09/19/power-button-emteria/.

Cheers!

Comments

• I follow the steps, but it's not working. The files was created, but the nohup and init script don't excute.

• Did you adapt the installDriver.bat batch script to your setup?

Maybe we get some more insights when you post the output of the script execution here. Would you do that?

• @petrockblog said:
    Did you adapt the installDriver.bat batch script to your setup?

Maybe we get some more insights when you post the output of the script execution here. Would you do that?

Connecting to device
    connected to 192.168.0.51:5555
    remount succeeded
    Installing service shell script
    powerblockservice: 1 file pushed. 0.4 MB/s (1800 bytes in 0.004s)
    powerblock-kickstart: 1 file pushed. 0.0 MB/s (134 bytes in 0.003s)
    Disconnecting from device
    disconnected everything
    Finished file transfer and configuration.
    You need to reboot the device to finish the driver installation!

I have set the adb path and id

• Hmm, there is nothing suspicious from in the output.
    Which Emteria version are you running? Which Raspberry Pi model are you using? I can try to reproduce your issue to further analyse it on my side.

• @petrockblog said:
    Hmm, there is nothing suspicious from in the output.
    Which Emteria version are you running? Which Raspberry Pi model are you using? I can try to reproduce your issue to further analyse it on my side.

Raspberry Pi 3B+ and Emteria 0.9.0(cause the script don't work?)

• I have EXACTLY the same issue. I've edited the install.bat file as instructed and checked the files all install correctly on the Pi and permissions are updated. The nohup and the init script won't run. The error message is Read-only filesystem. Emteria 1.1.0 and a Pi 3B+.

• Just a heads up: We just released an update for the Emteria PowerBlock installation script that fixed issues between the latest Emteria version and the PowerBlock.