Running without using a screen

Hi all,

Is it possible to run Emteria OS without a screen? I have a raspberry pi 4B on which I have installed Emteria 13. I believe it has booted but all ports are in an ignored state therefore I am stuck.

My use case is as follows.
I am blind and want to use the raspberry pi to run a program called the vOICe which conveys images through sound. See http://www.seeingwithsound.com for details.

I suspect accessibility tools are not installed on Emteria OS because it is primarily used in industrial contexts.

What can I do? Can I set any parameters in a configuration file where I can enable ADB or SSH on boot without having to do anything with the GUI?

Pranav

Comments

• Hey @pranav,
    Emteria supports headless boot and through provisioning, you can enable ADB, SSH, or VNC.
    You can also boot the first time using a display configure everything and use the device afterwards without a display.

• Hi Jan_Kehren,
    Many thanks for your answer. How do I go about doing provisioning? I would prefer to enable ssh and adb over ethernet so that I can push the packages that I need. I do not have sighted assistance right now therefore attaching a display is not an option I can use immediately. I have the welcome pack with 3 license ids. Please note, if I need a paid license for this, I am happy to pay and get one.

• @pranav said:
    Hi Jan_Kehren,
    Many thanks for your answer. How do I go about doing provisioning? I would prefer to enable ssh and adb over ethernet so that I can push the packages that I need. I do not have sighted assistance right now therefore attaching a display is not an option I can use immediately. I have the welcome pack with 3 license ids. Please note, if I need a paid license for this, I am happy to pay and get one.

Ahem, I looked at the prices and paying for provisioning is beyond my budget. I seem to be at a stage where I will have to use the screen option. That is, get sighted assistance for a one-time setup. I'll take this up with Emteria directly I think unless someone has other ideas.

• @pranav We are working on a rework of provisioning and free starter plan will be able to create one provisioning configuration. I don't have a date yet, but shouldn't be too far away.