0.5.3 installer problem when 'building' SD card

I tried to intall 0.5.3 on an SD card (for my raspberry pi 3) where 0.5.2 was installed but I got an error while writing data on it :

+00:55 (, 0) Using zip file at "/home/zen/.local/share/Emteria/Installer/rpi3-v0.5.3/system.zip"
+02:53 (, 0) Failed writeRaw: 5

i used it successfully for 0.5.2, a week ago so I'm quite surprised ?

(I'm doing this because the system update fails during download as others have already mentionned)

Cheers

Comments

• my bad ! I completely forgot to clean the SD card with diskpart to restore the full size !

• hell no here are the errors, still not working

+08:39 (, 0) Using zip file at "/home/zen/.local/share/Emteria/Installer/rpi3-v0.5.3/oem.zip"
    +08:39 (, 0) Failed seekRaw: 22
    +09:49 (, 0) Failed writeRaw: 5
    +09:49 (, 0) error in mz_zip_reader_extract_to_callback
    +09:49 (, 0) Failed extracting zip file: write calledback failed
    +09:49 (, 0) Failed unzipping file
    +09:49 (, 0) Failed writing partition content for "oem"

• I deleted .local/share/Emteria/ to ensure I download the complete data from your site, but no luck, still the same errors :(

• Sorry to hear that. I don't know what might be causing this behavior. You may want to download the latest installer version and try again. Or try a different sdcard (if available).

• it worked !

• Hi
    install 0.5.4 on an SD card 32GB (for my raspberry pi 3), installed but I got an error while writing data on it :
    Starting step 5 Writing file
    Using zip file at "/home/ubuntu/.local/share/Emteria/Installer/rpi3-v0.5.4/boot.zip"
    Finished step 5 Writing file
    Using zip file at "/home/ubuntu/.local/share/Emteria/Installer/rpi3-v0.5.4/system.zip"
    Using zip file at "/home/ubuntu/.local/share/Emteria/Installer/rpi3-v0.5.4/oem.zip"
    Failed seekRaw: 22
    Starting step 6 Creating file system

• Yes, this error is common (although we are not sure why it is happening), but the system still works fine.

• Ok so I ran installation the second time and it worked. This time I didn't reformat the SD disk with "clean" . Out of frustration I just did it again and it worked.

One other thing I did which I don't think has anything to do with the success is logged onto emteria's website.

Is it possible this issue has to do with some sort of timeout while writing?

• Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue with VirtualBox Ubuntu and VirtualBox Linux lite system.
    The error shows up at system.zip step.
    The SDCard has no issues, it was running few minutes before. Tested many many times also with re-downloading all with no luck.
    I'm using the last installer (downloaded today) and I'm creating the image for rapsberry pi 4 model B

I'm available for investigation if needed

• hi @sandro
    Please always state the version you are using as the "latest" version will not be helpful for users in the future experiencing similar issues. The emteria installer is saving logs somewhere at Emteria\Emteria.OS Installer\logs. Any chance you can upload a few of these where flashing failed?

• Finally found the issue, USB >=2.0 needed while the VBox default is USB 1.1. I installed the VBox extras to enable USB 2/3 support. Writing speed was ~2.000 now it's 20.000, I think a slow USB controller/card/card reader creates a write timeout issue on the installer

• @taareni9 If you are still using installer v0.5.3, please update
    Otherwise open a new thread for your issue

This discussion has been closed.