Missing unzip in TWRP?

Hi, all.

I'm pretty new to Emteria. In fact, I'm in the midst of testing it out for a specific use and just set up a RPi 3B+ with it. I went to install an app by zip using TWRP, but it seems from the logs that unzip isn't part of the system. Specifically, the error says that it's not found (presumably, in /system/bin, though it appears after not finding it in the initial location, it goes looking in elsewhere too: /tmp/busybox-arm, /tmp/tar-arm, /tmp/unzip-arm, and /tmp/zip-arm). Is this simply because the free trail version is limited to prevent zip installation via TWRP, or is there something else at play here?

Thanks,

SW

Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 2019

Hi @SWendland, if you wish to install ZIP then you should reboot to recovery mode and you will see TWRP.

• Hi, Martin. Apologies if I wasn't being clear. What you suggested is what I'm doing. The issue is that when I do that, I receive an error. The error in the TWRP log is that unzip is not found.

• Yes, I can confirm the unzip binary is missing. It was removed by a mistake and will be re-included in the next release.

• Thank you, @kalkov. Does anyone know which version is the most-recent that does not have unzip missing? I'll try installing some older versions today.

• For those interested, I ended up going back to the v0.5.21 stable build. As best I can tell, all beta builds since seem to be missing unzip.

• Come to find out, this is an issue with the build of TWRP. See https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues/1070

• Thanks for the update. We have fixed our build and verified that the unzip binary is back in /sbin

• @kalkov said:
    Thanks for the update. We have fixed our build and verified that the unzip binary is back in /sbin

May it be that this issue is back? I am using v0.9.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3B

• I'll check tomorrow, thanks for reporting @raven

• Checked it now, seems to work just fine. What is the problem?

• @kalkov
    Sorry, seems to be my fault after all. I tried to install the arm-64bit package of gapps, which caused the error.

• edited November 2019

Yeah Raspberry Pi 3b is only an arm device not arm64.