Sound capabilities of the RasPi3

Hi all,
today I connected an audio jack into the RasPi to connect it to an active loudspeaker. Jesus, what is that for a disappointing noise during playing any sound that comes out of the speaker. First I thought that I didn't connect the jack correctly, but even after I checked that the jack is inside the hole completely, and tried another cable also, I understand that there is a static noise starting nearly a second before and stays a bit longer than the sound that the soundcard has to produce.
My question: is that normal? Does the soundchip such a bad job or do I have another problem - unshielded connection, e.g.?

I found some USB sound cards that are should work with a RasPi, but will they work with Emteria Android as well?
Did someone use one of them already and has a recommendation? e.g. "https://www.rasppishop.de/USB-Soundkarte-Soundadapter"?

Many thanks and best regards,
Sascha

Comments

• Yeah, that was very annoying. In 0.5.3 we have introduced several changes, which should make it better. Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

• I bought an USB Soundcard from CSL-Computer. It functions plug´n´play. The sound is acceptable, but I don´t have professional speaker too.

• edited March 2018

Delete.

• I'm experiencing difficulty in video playback as well, but I'm afraid this is caused by the limited graphical capabilities of the RPi3.

• edited March 2018

This is unlikely because I use the CARPC, which is perfect for sound and the image and sync. Unfortunately I do not get it, I'm just a simple user.
    I can only comment on practical usability, so I'm trying to make suggestions, but I do not really consider it.

• This is unlikely because I use the CARPC, which is perfect for sound and the image and sync. Unfortunately I do not get it, I'm just a simple user.
    I can only comment on practical usability, so I'm trying to make suggestions, but I do not really consider it.

• Why do I need the volume controller? I used to listen to music while using WAZE, but I did not hear the instructions. The volume of the instructions can not be adjusted, so the music must be switched off. Does not anyone miss me?

• I think the topic of the original thread shifted too much. Since the original problem was fixed and there already exist other threads for remaining issues (like volume control), I will close this discussion.

This discussion has been closed.