0.5.8. 0.5.7. Installation problems

edited March 2018 in OS installer

Igor!
Do something with version 0.5.8 because it can not be installed. It would be best to back up to version 0.5.7 until you fix it.
Unfortunately, chaos is getting bigger. 0.5.7 does not work properly either. You can not install a program with RECOVERY. I'm installing version 0.5.6 now.

Comments

• Hi Tieff,

Downgrading to an earlier version won't help much. With every single release there are several users reporting installation errors, which we cannot reproduce on our systems. It will be a better idea to find the root of the problem, but for that we need someone to invest more time in trying out different configurations and provide us more details, since we cannot do it ourselves.

I would appreciate any hints which help us identifying the problem.

• As mentioned in this thread, switching the hardware may resolve the issue: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/68/failed-writing-from-image-boot-zip

• edited March 2018

Unfortunately, chaos is getting bigger. 0.5.7 does not work properly either. You can not install a program with RECOVERY. I'm installing version 0.5.6 now.
    A 0.5.6. does the same as 0.5.8. It will resume permanently.

• I tried all the time without success. I expect you to do a reliable, well-functioning copy. I hope the next OS will work without any problems.

• I am sorry that you are experiencing those issues. Can you please provide us a description to reproduce your problem? You first said that 0.5.7 was working fine, but then your changed your mind. You had 0.5.6 installed and running, but now it doesn't work anymore. The installer is working for you with 0.5.7 and 0.5.6, but the same installer doesn't work with 0.5.8 although we didn't change anything? It is difficult to search for problems under changing conditions. It sounds that the problem may be related to your setup, as other users are using 0.5.8 just fine.

• being thus I will then try to buy a new micro SD to USB adapter, I close the related dialogs and I appreciate the help!