Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ | infinite loop boot with Emteria OS

edited March 2019 in User projects

I have installed the EmteriaOS from my Macbook Air, installer Version: 0.4-0.
In the boot appears "Net: no ethernet found" and then a boot loop begins.
My version of Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+:
https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-836076892-raspberry-pi-3-model-b-plus-pi3-14ghz-lancamento-2018-_JM?quantity=1

Boot loop screen:

Tagged:

Comments

• Do you have a possibility to use a different installer? We have issues updating the installer for macOS to the latest version, which may cause this problem.

• edited March 2019

I have tried the version for Windows but failed. I can not login by error in SSL. How to install Open SSL for the Emteria Installer in Windows 10?

• Installer doesn't work correctly with windows 10. Try a windows 7.

• Hello guys! I have installed the EmteriaOS in Windows 7 but I have the same problem. Loop boot infinite. =/

• Are you using the right power supply for the PI ? If the amp is lower then 2.5 it's going to do this.

• OMG, 2.5 A??? Then that's it. I will test tomorrow.

• I suggest using 5V3A DC for the PI. You can find that on amazon.

• my problem becomes that flashing last part boot.zip is failing, any ideas ?

• Are you seriously telling people your installer neither works on a Mac or Windows 10. What kind of solution is it to tell someone to use a Windows 7 machine for your software? I had hoped to test this on a RPi 3 B+ but now I see the time spent registering for your site, downloading your "installer" and pulling my hair out was all a complete waste of time.

Not only did I see nowhere on your site the issues mentioned here for both Windows and Mac, your screenshots of the Windows installer are clearly not from a Windows 7 machine.

• I will be making a change in the docs to reflect that Windows 10 currently does not work with the installer.

• I have no issues using the installer on Windows 10...

• It fails for many people and we get at least 5 people a week complaining the installer fails using Windows 10.

• Igor has indicated multiple times that the card reader is most likely to cause compatibility problems. Editing the knowledge base to say Windows 10 doesn't work at all is just spreading misinformation which won't help anyone.
    I mean, sure, the issue might occur on Windows 10 a lot, but thats probably because most people will be using that OS. Correlation doesn't automatically imply causation.

• @sgrayban said:
    I will be making a change in the docs to reflect that Windows 10 currently does not work with the installer.

Please don't do that. In general, our installer works just fine with Windows 10. However, there are two exceptions:

1) Login issues with SSL libraries 1.1 and newer. The installer is built for 1.0 and they seem incompatible to 1.1. We would need to build a new version for 1.1, but I am not sure how to explain that to new users. A better idea would be to link SSL statically, but we also experience issues with this approach on some PCs. It is just ridiculous.

2) Writing issues with some card readers. I am using two different card readers for Windows 10 for several years now and I didn't have a single failure so far. We should start compiling a list of knowingly working models.

• @kalkov said:
    2) Writing issues with some card readers. I am using two different card readers for Windows 10 for several years now and I didn't have a single failure so far. We should start compiling a list of knowingly working models.

You mean adding a section for the actual card readers ?