1080p on Raspberry Pi 3

Hi
I know this has been discussed before, and read that if you manage to get 1080p working the rp3 wil get slow and maybe crash.
But how is it possible that for ixample Librelec on rp3 is very stable and fast?
Does android require so much more resources?
I really need 1080p for my application.

Thanks Wim

Comments

• Yes, Android works not the same way Linux does and requires more resources.

• Hi Kalkov,

Though it is only speculation at the moment, but RPi 4 is on horizon with 2 and 4Gb memory. Will it likely work OK in Full HD or still better not to wait and look for something else like Odroid?

Thank you,
  • You can easily set the resolution in the config.txt file. I know some are saying it's going to crash on 1080p. But I set mine to 1080p displaying on a wide-screen TV and didn't have any issues. The only crashes I had was after installing opengapps.
  • As long as there's a fan or heatsink in there it should be OK.
  • On installation it worked at 1080p on my SONY LED TV.But after installing Gapps, it runs on a lower resolution of 480x640! So, the app icons are cluttered and not showing properly. How can I change it back to 1080p?
  • I have no idea what GApps are doing - we don't recommend installing GApps at all. Check your system settings -> raspberry pi settings to change the resolution.