Problem with system update

I need to change cmdline.txt and config.txt in my devices.
If I accept an android update (I am using emteria.OS v0.7.0 on a Raspberry), these files are restored to their original value and this blocks (potentially a customer's site) proper functioning of my devices.

Is there any solution?

Comments

• We usually offer dedicated builds for our business customers. How would you like this to be handled? It is probably a bad idea to update the OS without updating the boot partition.

• Why then ?

I guess you should respect the original layout: all of the update is done with the original config files and when the system is ready, you could boot it once up again copying the config files modified.

And I am still not in a stable state to get a dedicated build. I do not mind, anyway, if the automatic update is not enabled.

But it happens what is described by my other discussion: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/764/automatically-checks-for-system-updates-even-if-denied so I hav a significant problem.

• @asso said:
    I guess you should respect the original layout: all of the update is done with the original config files and when the system is ready, you could boot it once up again copying the config files modified.

I don't think there is a guarantee that the system will boot up after replacing those files.

• I almost forgot: you can create a flashable ZIP package and put it into /oem/packages. It will be automatically re-installed after each OS update. You can try putting your config files in there.