Tap to wake

Hello. Does enter is support tap to wake with official 7” display (backlight should be disabled before tapping)? And what about non official HDMI displays? How can it be done?
I have tested with HDMI touch display (sunfounder 10.1”), but it doesn’t turn off backlight at all. Thank you.

Comments

• The official screen doesn't turn off completely (otherwise it won't generate touch events), but rather reduces the brightness as much as possible. Check the Settings -> RPi Settings for this.

For third-party screens a new lights HAL would be needed. We can create one for a specific project, but we can't integrate all of them into one OS by default.

• Is there any way to turn the screen back "on", by touching it? I'm using the RP3 b+ and original 7" display. It turns black when screensaver activates. Only a mouse or keyboard can wake it up.
    Did I maybe missed some settings?

• Need to check our implementation. I don't remember if screensaver turns the power off. In this case, the screen doesn't produce any events when being touched -> the OS cannot detect it has to wake up.

• edited August 2019

Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kimcy929.doubletaptoscreenoff&hl=es_419

It worked in my phone, and it doesn't have the tap to wake feature, so it could work in the official display, or a waveshare display.

EDIT: There are a ton of apps like this, but this one is not so recommended but I use this app.