Installer login fails - previous threads of no help

Installed the installer on Win10 64 bit. Cannot successfully log in - 'Login failed - try again'

Cant get past 1st base with Emteria!

Any help appreciated!!!

Starting emteria installer v0.6-16-gc6254ca
Detected SSL support: false
- runtime version: ""
- build version: "OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016"
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
"Error creating SSL context ()"
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method

Comments

• edited June 2019

The runtime version of OpenSSL is missing in your windows os.

The log you provided says it all

• runtime version:"Unless OpenSSL runtime version is not shown here it will not work"
    • build version: "OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016"
  • edited June 2019

Here is a tutorial link to install OpenSSL on windows OS

https://tecadmin.net/install-openssl-on-windows/

• edited June 2019
    > @tusharraj said:
    > Here is a tutorial link to install OpenSSL on windows OS
    >
    > https://tecadmin.net/install-openssl-on-windows/

Thanks for the link.

I installed OpenSSL, added the variables, added to path. Verified that the openssl command works no matter where I am on the system, and all is good (powershell/command prompt).

Installed the installer, and no matter what I do, it does not see that SSL support is there.

**edit for context**

System: Win 10 Pro x64
    Install Dir: D:\OpenSSL-Win64
    Path Addition: D:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin
    OPENSSL_CONF variable: D:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.cfg

I can be anywhere in my system (at the command prompt) and typing "openssl" puts me into the OpenSSL prompt where I can initiate commands. I have rebooted my system, logged out and back in and even did a rain dance.

I have uninstalled and re-installed in various ways to get this working, but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)
  • I have the same issue. openssl command prompt shows version 1.1.1c Running the emteria installer shows 1.0.2j I really have no idea how to solve this issue. It shouldn't be the user's responsibility to install OpenSSL, it should be provided and configured in the Enteria installer.

• Same issue here, was ready to buy it, but with this, I dont have a chance to install it

• The installer uses a buggy version of openssl it seems, and we cant change it

• I discovered that the reason this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't is down to whether you are lucky enough or not to have something else installed that came with OpenSSL 1.02* I found that if you had any other openSSL 1.02 installation, then emteria finds it... if you don't you're out of luck - because the DLL names for the later versions aren't the same and so emteria won't pick them up.

What I would suggest doing is downloading a 1.0.2 version of openSSL and copy ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll to your emteria folder.

I agree with all posters that this should be taken care of by the installer and not left up to luck or the user.

• im not on windows i on ubuntu mate its does the samething

• @NickOO said:
    Installed the installer on Win10 64 bit. Cannot successfully log in - 'Login failed - try again'

Cant get past 1st base with Emteria!

Any help appreciated!!!

- runtime version: ""
    - build version: "OpenSSL 1.0.2j 26 Sep 2016"

Install Version Version: 0.5-8. It solved in my case.

• edited November 2019

I am trying to run installer on Fedora 29 and also have same problem.
    I tried to run installers v0.6-16 and v0.5-8 but it still complains about missing OpenSSL functions.

Is there a way to use particular (manually compiled) OpenSSL with the installer (e.g. passing its path as a command-line parameter or so)?

• It seems that it is trying to use openssl 1.0, which is no longer available for many distributions (including my Ubuntu 19.10). Any way to get an installer compiled against openssl 1.1?

• @psiniemi said:
    It seems that it is trying to use openssl 1.0, which is no longer available for many distributions (including my Ubuntu 19.10). Any way to get an installer compiled against openssl 1.1?

Meanwhile, you can run the installer on ubuntu 19.10 after installing libssl1.0 manually:
    https://launchpadlibrarian.net/400227968/libssl1.0.0_1.0.1f-1ubuntu2.27_amd64.deb
    http://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/multiarch-support_2.27-3ubuntu1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i multiarch-support_2.27-3ubuntu1_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i libssl1.0.0_1.0.1f-1ubuntu2.27_amd64.deb # depends multiarch-support