Black Screen after install with orgnial 7" Touch

After I made the software on the SD card (Windows installer) and inserted it into the Pi3 with 7 "original touch, the following happened:

Pi starts
Ethernet not found (although connected)
until and with Logo starts the software
After the logo black screen

Confic I have not adapted and left everything original. Touch is connected to the PI3 via adapter card with ribbon cable.

Comments

• Which emteria.OS version are you using?

• the actual 0.4.3

• Are you sure the display isn't showing anything? Just like your phone, the display reduces the brightness to save the power. Try touching it.

• edited November 2017

When i hold the screen in the Light, i can see something on it.
    The Backgroundlight turn not on by touching.

Can i change the value of brightness?

• Are the GPIO pins connected correctly? I have just tested 0.4.3 on my device with the official 7" touchscreen and it seems to work fine.

• edited November 2017

I think it must be right. With Raspberry OS it work with no Problem.

• If you hold the screen in the light, can you recognize the emteria logo in the middle of the screen? There is a button on the bottom right (above the next). Try touching it. If touch is working, but the backlight is not, we will take a closer look at it. If the touch isn't working at all, you have to check your connection cables or try a new installation. We cannot reproduce the issue.

• Ok, I just saw your picture. We have 2 more pins connected. Please refer to this tutorial:
    https://www.modmypi.com/blog/raspberry-pi-7-touch-screen-assembly-guide

• I can see de emteria Logo by starting. I can see it normal an de backlight run. After your logo is the backlight off.
    When I light the flashlight on the display I can see outlines.
    Even if I stroke my finger from top to bottom, I see in the outlines the menu appear.

• Sorry, you were too fast :smile:
    I've just posted above that we have two more pins connected.

@kalkov said:
    Ok, I just saw your picture. We have 2 more pins connected. Please refer to this tutorial:
    https://www.modmypi.com/blog/raspberry-pi-7-touch-screen-assembly-guide

• edited November 2017

I've wired SDL and SDC, but nothing changes. But I will also reload the SD and hope that this brings something.
    After reinstall the SD card, i have the same Problem. The displaylight ist after logo off.
    Picture after rebuid connection

• Could you check which version of the RPi display you have? It should be printed on the display PCB.

There is a known issue with brightness control on v1.0 displays:
    https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/49822/official-touchscreen-brightness

• Yes it is the Version 1.0 from year 2014

• I had get a newer Display with Version 1.1 and it run. You know when the update will come?

• We have an idea how to solve it. A new release will be uploaded probably tomorrow, since we would like to include several other fixes.

• ok, thx. I will try the 0.4.4 after relase :-)

• Hi @Wideoman. We have just uploaded the new version which also works with display version 1.0.

• Perfectly, it run now