Linux Installer not working for any version of Ubuntu greater than 16.04

When are you going to update the Linux installer to work with the latest Ubuntu version?
Right now I have to use a live 16.04 session in order to get it to work.

Comments

• @salsareo Can you please describe what isn't working?
  • Why would you require a specific OpenSSL version? What do you expect? Install a specific version of OpenSSL - just for your software to run? Just bundle it up.

Linux installer not working, if you don't have OpenSSL 1.0.1f from 2014! Nice...
  • @salsareo @Wuu
    I've uploaded a new version of the installer for Linux (v1.0-26). Please try it and come back to me if you encounter any difficulties. Please be aware that you have to delete the old version or choose a different location to install the new version.
  • edited November 2020
    if you have a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 installation, the updated Software Center is not yet installed on your computer because the update is not included in the downloaded Ubuntu ISO builds. https://jiofilocalhtml.run https://forpc.onl
  • My first choice to run the installer was openSUSE:Leap:15.2 but I get:
    qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
    qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
    This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: xcb.

On Leap, Tumbleweed and in a virtual windows 7 installation it just fails.

It seems the above linux problem is caused by executing:
    "sudo ./Emteria.OS_Installer-v1.1-14.AppImage" if I su to a root console then it succeeds.

• edited December 2020

in my case it works on linux mint last version (20.04) for last emteria os release. for this i used to loin as root

• edited February 2021

I have same issue on Kubuntu 20.10 (fresh os installed) with v1.1-32. Any idea how to avoid such problem?

UPDATE: I just tried same installer on Fedora 32 and installer started properly.