Raspberry Pi 4 Install issues?

edited November 2021 in OS installer

Are there any issues with the Raspberry Pi 4 Install? I keep getting errors either flashing the card (2 different ones tried). If I am able to get the card flashed, the OS never boots. I have even let the it run over night but various errors keep going by so fast it is hard to tell what the issue is.

I have also tried the various versions (Live, Nightly, Beta) offered from the installer with the same results. I have enclosed a picture to provide some of the items listed. Again this sequence runs and never goes to the GUI screen. I have previous installed Emeria on 3 different Raspberry Pi 3 models, so I am aware of the process and what is supposed to happen

Comments

• edited April 2022

Hi @leneil71 , I'm not aware of any general issue with the RPi4 image.
    Can you send the installer logs to support at emteria.com? They are saved to C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Emteria\Emteria.OS Installer\logs
    I would like to take a look, what is failing. I assume you are using the windows installer. As a workaround you can try the linux installer with a Ubuntu Live DVD. That's been more reliable in the past.

Can you try v11.4.0, without any periphery, just with a display connected? But the installer needs to successfully finish and ejact the drive, otherwise it won't boot. If you run into the same problem, can you create a log: https://emteria.com/kb/connect-uart-rpi ?

• @smieschek. Thank you for response. I have tried what you suggested but the results are still the same booting from the SDCard with no peripherals. I am using the Windows installer on Windows 11.

I have enclosed the log file, a screen shot of the Installer stating that it finished and the corresponding command window stating that the drive was ejected successfully

• edited April 2022

@leneil71 That looks good. Do you have a UART bridge to see some kernel logs during boot-up https://emteria.com/kb/connect-uart-rpi ?

Just to make sure: did you change anything on the boot partition?

What display are you using? Any chance to try with a different one?

• @leneil71, what type of a screen/display do you use?

• There were no changes to the boot partition and I do not have a UART Bridge The OS was installed on a brand new SD Card. I am using this Raspberry Pi on a 32 inch LCD Television. This same setup was used on my Raspberry Pi3 setup. I am basically replacing an existing Pi3 with a new Pi4.

I was able to get everything working eventually, but that involved me finding an alternative Android OS to put on the PI4. Everything is now working as it should. I do appreciate all of the responses and maybe I will try Emteria again in the future

• I have same issue..

• Also having issues with latest update. Rpi 4B boots, runs 7 lines then crashes and restarts

• @Jburdo are you referring to v11.8.0? What kind of display do you have connected?
    Do you have a UART bridge to get some logs, see https://emteria.com/kb/bug-reporting#uart

• @smieschek It actually ended up running, just took a long time. Thanks

• On a first boot the RPi must first detect the connected screen and reboots to load the proper drivers. There might also be the need for a second reboot. You will also see this behaviour if you change from DSI touchscreen to HDMI or vice versa.

• edited June 2022

I was able to get everything working eventually, but that involved me finding an alternative Android OS to put on the PI4. Everything is now working as it should. I do appreciate all of the responses and maybe I will try Emteria again in the future

• I have tried what you suggested but the results are still the same booting from the SDCard with no peripherals. I am using the Windows installer on Windows 11.

• edited July 2022

I assume you are using the windows installer. As a workaround you can try the linux installer with a Ubuntu Live DVD. That's been more reliable in the past.