enterica.OS v11.1.62 on a RockPi4B with kiosk mode enabled in "Web launcher" presentation mode

We are experimenting with the device in question.
We noticed that in the indicated mode the deep linking mechanism does not seem to work: the error "net::ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME" is returned.
with kiosk mode disabled from the bromite browser the deep linking mechanism works correctly (it is possible to start a registered application by following a link from the web page).
Could deep links be allowed to work with kiosk mode enabled as well?

TY
rgarella@gmail.com

Comments

• Hi @rgarella
    I'm not familiar with deep linking. Can you share the website and point to the link that you mean? Alternatively, give a short example, so that I can reproduce it and understand the issue.

• If you follow one of the links from the web page http://test2.isek.it from a device on which this app http://test2.isek.it/koo8ooNe/app-debug.apk is installed, the app should start.

Below the relative contents of the app's AndroidManifest.xml file that enables the deep link during installation:

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>

<intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />

<data
            android:host="lioni-for-innovation"
            android:scheme="virgilio" />
    </intent-filter>

<meta-data
        android:name="android.app.lib_name"
        android:value="" />

• Hi @rgarella
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I now understand what you are trying to achieve. Unfortunately, I haven't found the time to try it myself. But I see some issues with the setup. When you follow the link from the WebLauncher mode, how will you get back to the WebLauncher? We've intended this mode to exclusively show a website so that the user has only access to that. I'm not sure if we can generally lift this restriction.
    I think switching to the Kiosk mode and having an own application that includes a webview with enabled deep linking and whitelisting your applications for Kiosk mode would allow this behaviour. Additionally the user would have access to the navigation bar to get back to the overview page. Does this make sense?

• Hi smieschek,
    yes, I think it makes perfect sense: in fact we had tried a solution like the one you hypothesized, however we were thinking of using the web mode to avoid reaching the desktop and keep the user within the application context.
    I still think we will adopt the solution you proposed.
    I take the opportunity to ask you whether it is possible to install "google play services" on enterica.OS

Thanks

• hi smieschek,
    thanks for the response.