Help with SKU Z-0017 touchscreen

edited October 2018 in Supported peripherals

Dear professional members !!
Please help me to use my device. I installed the system, everything works well, except for touch.
There is a SKU: Z-0017 touchscreen that is factory set to Raspberry Touch. This works so well that it does not have to calibrate under Raspberry. After installing Emteria OS, the touch does not work. I need to touch.
Please help with the solution.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

Touch is optionele on the SKU: Z-0017. Is that touch over USB or gpio? Seems touch over gpio is not an option? Nu sure, I have a reactions on a post about gpio touch screens working or not .
  • Hello.
    The screen is resistive and has a USB connection
    The exact description is here
    https://www.wiki.52pi.com/index.php?title=7-Inch-1024x600_Display_Kit_(with_Touch_Screen)_SKU:Z-0017#Compatibility_List
    Connected to Raspberry Pi3 +
    I hope I helped

• I tested with a 7 inch screen once and that worked fine. It came with some instructions for the config.txt and I used those and that worked fine for me. It did not pick up on my resolution out of the box unfortunately. I did not have any touch problems.
  • Did you use this kind of screen? And the emteria under Os? As I mentioned under Raspberry, it works brilliantly without any special adjustments. This operation ceases after installing Emteria Os.
    I tried to do this in the description after installing Os, but it was unsuccessful. The solution should be there.

• Development in touch operation. I accidentally found that touching in RECOVERY mode works like a dream. Restarted from RECOVERY mode, when OS is loaded, the touch is reconnected and unreliable. Does anyone know how to resume operation in RECOVERY during OS? Professionals can certainly solve it. This is a very high task for me.

• Hi, maybe do a fresh install of the latest version? I had problems with resolution and screen detection in an older version. Now with the last version I switched from a 7 inch screen to a 5 inch screen with different resolutions and it automatically detectid the correct resolution :)
  • I was upgraded to the latest version - 0.6.0 but the touch quality did not change. The solution is located in RECOVERY, it works the touch as it should. The solution can only be done by anyone who wrote a program. I hope to read my post and resolve this long-awaited problem.

• How is it connected? HDMI or DSI? What exactly is not working in emteria.OS? Just touch? Is the picture OK?

• Connection is HDMI, the picture is ok, but the touch is malfunctioning unreliable, nor does it approach the operation under RECOVERY

• I add: I have a version of 0.5.21 now, in RECOVERY the touch function is wonderful but not good on the system. It senses the touch, but it works back and forth, it can not be used.

• @obero said:
    It senses the touch, but it works back and forth, it can not be used.

Ok, the touch is working, good to hear that. What do you mean by "works back and forth"? Are touch events flipped?

• Yes, it senses the touch, but is insecure. You can not work with him. However, it works well during RECOVERY. I could help? Combining back means insecurity, it does not do what I touched. Or you have to touch or react multiple times.
    It is difficult to explain that I am not the mother tongue, the translator is not really good.

• What do you mean by "insecure"?

• edited December 2018

Where does it work where it does not work. Once you have a tapping, you have to tap more times.

• @kalkov
    He is saying that the single touch works in recovery boot correctly but not in the normal boot.

• That is exactly the case.

• @obero is this a usb touch screen ?

• Well, the same kernel with the same drivers is used in the recovery and in Android. Please check the kernel log for details.

• Igor!
    Thank you for dealing with the problem, Unfortunately I don't know where the kernel log is located, please specify where you are located.

• edited December 2018

I would have another problem. The 0.6.0 is on my machine with a good quality 32Gb SD card with an original raspi screen. The screen resolution is 800x480, the quality is very bad. I enclosed 2 pictures that you can see well.
    It freezes during operation and needs to be restarted.
    What is the solution?

• Hi @obero, freezing of RPI with display 800x480 is discussed here: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/574/cron-gpu-memory-discussion#latest.
  • @Martin , Thank you for your help, I will try what you have suggested, but the bigger problem is the quality of the image and its resolution. Sometimes the picture is uncomfortable, very confusing. There is definitely some solution.

• Also see about overclocking your rig, helped a ton with mine when running the wyzeCam app
  • You can't OC the PI 3B or 3 B+

• Is there no solution for improving the screen resolution?

• I guess not

• edited January 2019

According to this post Igor said it’s possible using the same config.txt as raspbian. I’m pretty sure it’s functional because I noticed a difference straight away. Also if OC weren’t possible then why have the initial_turbo = X setting in the default Emteria config. Perhaps I’ll try to find an app that will reports the processor and memory stats and get back to you on this one

https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/476/overclock-raspberry-pi-3-running-emteria/p1

• Confirmed that overclocking does affect performance and the changes are reflected across a number of apps like kernel auditor

• And doing OCing will also burn out the board a lot faster.

• @kknott said:
    Confirmed that overclocking does affect performance and the changes are reflected across a number of apps like kernel auditor

I think everyone is confused with the word "overclock" and "turbo".

Overclocking is using settings like this:

• arm_freq=1300
    • over_voltage=5
    • gpu_freq=500
    • sdram_freq=500
    • total_mem=1024
    • gpu_mem=64

What people here call overclocking is NOT overclocking.

initial_turbo is only a burst of speed at boot time set at X seconds. This is NOT overclocking.

Sources:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=192323
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/overclocking.md

• FYI - Also if you are using a 3B or 3B+ you won't see much difference and the people at Raspberry suggest not doing it as their is a possibility of at least a dead board and at worse causing a fire.

And this software isn't meant to be used as a gaming or other high usage app. Be warned !!

• Yes agreed, you don't want to overclock if you're worried that you'll fry the board. All boards are slightly different AND I have a heatsink and cooling fan attached to my chip:

Here are the settings I use for a stable overclock with Emteria.OS

arm_freq=1400
    core_freq=500
    gpu_freq=560
    arm_freq_min=900
    core_freq_min=325
    over_voltage=6
    sdram_freq=650
    over_voltage_sdram=3
    sdram_schmoo=0x02000020
    dtparam=sd_overclock=83
    temp_soft_limit=68