Remove Mouse Pointer/Cursor to use Touch Only

Hello,

I am new to using both Raspberry Pi and Emteria. So far, I really like Emteria and was able to get my touchscreen to function by adjusting the config.txt file. Now that the touchscreen functions, the pointer is still on the screen and I have to move the cursor to the area I want to select/click instead of just clicking one time to select what I want. Does anyone know how to disable to cursor to use touch input only?

I am using a 5" Resistive 800x480 HDMI TFT screen.
Link here: http://www.kumantech.com/kuman-5quot-inch-resistive-800x480-hdmi-tft-lcd-display-screen-module-with-touch-panel-pen-sd-card-for-raspberry-pi-3-2-model-b-rpi-1-b-b-a-a-sc5a_p0088.html

I have added the following to config.txt:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
max_usb_current=1
hdmi_drive=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0
dtoverlay=ads7846,cs=1,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,speed=50000,keep_vref_on=0,swapxy=0,pmax=255,xohms=150,xmin=200,xmax=3900,ymin=200,ymax=3900
display_rotate=0

When in the recovery screen, the touch function works perfectly and the mouse pointer does not appear. When the system boots, the mouse pointer won't go away and I have to drag the cursor where I want it to go before I can click.

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• I am not aware of a standard way for achieving that. It sounds to me like your touchscreen is enumerated by the Linux kernel as a HID mouse, not as a touchscreen. You need to find out how your device is enumerated (vendor/device id) and find the correct Linux driver for that screen.

• so if there is a mousepointer, the screen isn't recognised correctly and the right driver is missing?
    So, how do i add the correct driver?

• My touchscreen monitor is an ELO 1515l I own the drivers for linux "ARM" 32bits with the kernel of 4.x.x.x in case supported by the system Emteria, I would like to know how to proceed for the installation of the same?

• @digoSupera, you can compile your drivers as a module for the RPi 4.9 kernel and load the module in emteria.OS. We can assist you with that if it is a commercial project.

• @Kalkov, I am working on a prototype to get Emteria license in the future, if it is efficient for the project, but for now, I need the touch screen of this functional monitor model (ELO 1515L) so I can show the project to the company's representatives.

• @Kalkov In the recovery mode the touchscreen is efficient and functional, but the Android system does not perform its touchscreen features, it is a question of whether the problem is in the same kernel or in the system itself.

• Interesting, we have a similar discussion here: https://forum.emteria.com/discussion/502/help-with-sku-z-0017-touchscreen#latest
    Could you please check the kernel & system logs. We need to find out which drivers are used for your touchscreens.

• Hello, same problem for me. The touch mode works only in recovery mode. In normal mode the touch screen works like a mouse (I have to move the arrow of the cursor with my finger on the screen like I was moving a physical mouse).
    Also I added dtoverlay=ads7846,cs=1,penirq=25,penirq_pull=2,speed=50000,keep_vref_on=0,swapxy=0,pmax=255,xohms=150,xmin=200,xmax=3900,ymin=200,ymax=3900 on config.txt
    Screen: Waveshare 4 inch HDMI LCD Touch Control Screen Resistive 800*480 Resolution IPS interface For Raspberry Pi3B+/3/2 B/B+/A
    Raspberry: Raspberry, Pi 3 B+
    Emteria 0.6.3