Reactivation

edited September 2022 in OS features
After a couple of reboots, I have to go through the activation process again. How can I prevent this?

Comments

• This shoudn't be happening in the first place. Can you describe your exact actions? If the sdcard is not corrupted, the license data is stored permanently.
  • edited June 2020
    - activate
    - 3x reboot no problem
    - disable wifi - 3x reboot no problem
    - connect ethernet cable first reboot no problem second reboot activation lost.
  • Can you reproduce this error?
  • Yes. Connecting the ethernet and rebooting twice does the trick.
  • edited June 2020
    Could you please submit a bugreport after the FIRST reboot? There is an option for that in Settings -> Emteria -> System options -> Submit bugreport
  • I submitted a bug report.
  • That's exactly what is happening also with me, 2 dif. devices with 2 dif. activation codes.

Is your ethernet connection running under some restricted access some how?

That's my case (customer internal rules firewall is probably blocking emteria OS check URL service).

Not sure if it's an issue with the connection change itself (dif. from the one used to activate) or a blocking URL situation.

Waiting for a response.
  • I'll check the bugreport and let you know.
  • This is very weird, as there are no errors in the log - after the first reboot. The license data is OK.

Is it possible to submit a bug report after the second reboot now? We need to find out when exactly this is happening.
  • edited June 2020
    @kalkov the bug report I submitted, was after activation without any connections!
    I now sent two:
    1 -first reboot after connecting ethernet cable
    2 -second reboot after connecting ethernet cable
    Everything works fine, if I startup the pi before connecting the cable.
    I appreciate you looking in to this!
    Keep up the good work!
  • Bug report submitted for my related issue. SD card failed so I had to reinstall. Dashboard says the license is still in use, so I cant activate the device again.
  • Got your reports. Will report after evaluation.
  • @peterkummer, @Anderson: I think I found the issue. We will have to double-check it internally, but it looks like it is a bug in our code. In this case we will fix it in the next release. Thank you very much for reporting and providing the required information.

@mattster98: After checking your bugreport it turned out to be a different issue in your case, so I replied in the original thread.
  • Great news! Looking forward to the next release! Thanks for the good work.
  • @kalkov:
    Hello Everyone

Can you help me?
    I have installed Major emteria.OS improvements coming with Raspberry Pi Android 13
    Start for Free.
    I have me to register with my email
    and with the Free registred Code welcom-to-emteria-....

I make the Download on may PC and installed Emteria.OS_Installer-x86_64.

I downloaded the Image on my SD-Card.

Maked the SD-Card in my Raspberry Pi4 B and start it.

One may Screen of the right side i see the emblem.
    (emteria.OS-Evaluation version
    Not for commercial use
    System reboot after 8 houre).

I open the LicenseManager App
    and activation may first Licence Code.

In the LicenseManager App i can see
    Activation successful.
    Please restart your device for
    settings to take effect.

I restart my Raspberry Pi4
    and i see always the same emblem
    (emteria.OS-Evaluation version
    Not for commercial use
    System reboot after 8 houre)

I wont the Freelicense acivation on my Raspberry Pi4 for my private works.

Please help me

EmptytoPi

• @EmptytoPi Which version of emteria.OS did you install? When you open the license app now, does it still say your device is activated?

• smieschek : Rasp 4 emteria.OS version 13.0.8 goes wrong.Emteria.OS version 13.1.4 it's Okay

• @EmptytoPi if you are not testing a specific feature that is only present in a nightly, you should use a beta or live version. Learn more about our versioning schema in the knowledge base: https://emteria.com/kb/version-numbers-emteria-os