Raspberry pi 4 2gb

edited January 2022 in Supported devices

Has anyone tried to run emteria os on raspberry pi 4 2gb version?

When i try to boot it only shows black screen...

Comments

• @KKKKKKK DSI is not supported yet. Have you tried HDMI?

• edited April 2021

@smieschek yes I plugged the rpi onto hdmi display, didnt even try the dsi after seeing the post about it

• @KKKKKKK I see. Which version of emteria.OS are you trying and can you give me the model of the connected screen? Also, do you have the possibility to try a different screen?

• @smieschek
    I tried both available beta versions. currently I am going through all available nightly versions to see if any of them works.

I am using ViewSync VSM320QHD PLUS monitor which runs on 2560 x 1440 resolution

And unfortunately I do not own any other monitors at the moment.

• Ok we found an old tv in the warehouse which runs on 1920 x 1080 resolution and it shows same problems.

• We tried all versions (beta and nightly) from emteria installer for raspberry pi 4 and none of them work for both displays.

• @KKKKKKK I'm sorry to hear that! Do you see the rainbow square at power up? Do you have a UART Bridge to take some logs?

• edited April 2021

Yes i do see the rainbow square during the boot up.

And unfortunately it seems that we do not have any working UART bridge available that i can use right now. will have to wait for a new purchase to arrive

• edited April 2021

Is there any other way to take useful logs other than UART?

• edited April 2022

@KKKKKKK I've created an article for you: https://emteria.com/kb/connect-uart-rpi

You can attach the resulting log file here. Feedback about the tutorial itself is also welcome :)

• thank you for the detailed write up.
    I will post the logs (and review of the guide) once i get hold onto usb to uart bridge.

• edited April 2021

Hello, thanks to your guide i was able to capture the log from the rpi4 2gb

I noticed that error meesage regarding zygote service was repeating itself over and over again.

init: starting service 'zygote'...
    [  354.096329] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/zygote', mode 660, user 0, group 1000
    [  354.104580] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/usap_pool_primary', mode 660, user 0, group 1000
    [  354.138779] libprocessgroup: Failed to open /dev/stune/top-app/tasks: No such file or directory: No such file or directory
    [  354.150041] libprocessgroup: Failed to apply MaxPerformance task profile: No such file or directory
    [  354.158689] init: starting service 'zygote_secondary'...
    [  354.165320] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/zygote_secondary', mode 660, user 0, group 1000
    [  354.174664] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/usap_pool_secondary', mode 660, user 0, group 1000
    [  354.186924] init: starting service 'audioserver'...
    [  354.206919] libprocessgroup: Failed to open /dev/stune/top-app/tasks: No such file or directory: No such file or directory

is this somehow related to the issue?

• Hello,
    I think this is causing the problem [ 2.517668] [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes which result in Abort message: 'Missing internal display after registering composer callback.'.
    Did you made any changes to the boot partition?

• @Jan_Kehren said:
    Hello,
    I think this is causing the problem [ 2.517668] [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes which result in Abort message: 'Missing internal display after registering composer callback.'.
    Did you made any changes to the boot partition?

I did not make any changes to the boot partition, except for those required to get UART logs

• @KKKKKKK , we have made some changes to the graphics drivers, which might help. Can you give it another shot with nightly 11.1.21+?

• @KKKKKKK did you have a chance to try with the new kernel?

• Is anyone have a solution, i just install 11.6.0 on a rpi4 i havf image but similare error log on screen

• @Arist0v please try beta v11.8.0

• @smieschek using a different screen/tv fix my issue, sorry i forgot to give feedback