Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enable Bluetooth on Raspberry Pi3

Hi,
in order to test my use case, i need to enable the BT connection. Is there a way to enable it? (even if it´s buggy)

Thank you!

Comments

• You can enable BT by the standard way. Use the button at the top or enable it via settings. We tried it to connect a BT speaker and it works fine.

• Unfortunately not. The slider can be moved, but does not stay in the enabled position. Device is a brand new Model B+

• That's strange. When we used it, it worked absolutely fine. But to be honest currently we have connected the speaker via 3.5 directly to the touchscreen.

I now have tested it here on my test system and BT seems to work fine. I enabled BT via settings and all other BT devices around were found.

• I know :neutral: tried apps with BT access to enable it but no luck so far. Everything else works like a charm.

• Bluetooth doesn't currently work on the B+ since it uses a new and different chip from the older B. If you absolutely need it for your application, I'd recommend using the B.

• Alright, thanks for the clarification. Any chance to see a new build for the b+ soon?

• It is very high in our priority list, but we can't provide any estimations yet.

• Hopefully in the near future, have a b+ and need BT, already bought a license ;)

• edited April 23

Bluetooth support (RPI 3b+) is keeping me off the os for now

• Its in our top 5 list. Stay tuned!

• Is bluetooth problem solved?

• No, B+ refuses to load the updated firmware. We don't know why.

• I'm new to the Emteria party - I have an RPi 3B+, and from my understanding BT doesn't work - but is that BT as a whole, or just the onboard BT?

For my usage, I need BT, but I'm quite happy to just get a BT USB if that's what's needed - so is it BT doesn't work full-stop, or it just doesn't work with the inbuilt BT?

• Hi! I've the same problem: RPI 3B+ with unsupported on-board BT. Without BT my application is completely useless... idea to solve the problem? Is there a BT usb doongle that is working with 3B+?

• Hi. Any news on the bluetooth support for the 3B+?